All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £7.28
- £23.12Trending at £34.82
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes articles that describe every species in detail, based on the very taxonomy, and a host of biological, ecological and sociological aspects relating to marine mammals.
- Author BiographyBernd Wursig, his students, and postdocs have studied marine mammals and sea birds on all continents, with present work mainly on dusky dolphins in diverse habitats of New Zealand, and beleaguered Indo-Pacific humpback dolphins of Hong Kong. His specialties are questions of behavior and social strategies, especially as related to human disturbance. He has published and co-published about 190 peer review papers and book chapters, 55 popular articles, and 8 books. The most recent book is Dusky Dolphins; Master Acrobats off Different Shores (with Melany Wursig, 2010, Academic/Elsevier). He is a past-president of the Society for Marine Mammalogy, and was the inaugural chair of the Texas A&M Marine Biology Graduate Program. He is now Distinguished Professor Emeritus at Texas A&M. Bernd and Melany enjoy their natural gardens in New Zealand, the Arizona desert, and coastal south Texas, three marvelously-different biomes. J. G. M. 'Hans' Thewissen studies the evolution, anatomy and embryology of marine mammals, and has traveled the world to study fossil and living whales. Working in Pakistan and India, he discovered some of the earliest, amphibious, cetaceans and sirenians. His work with the sense organs of modern whales explores the impact of global change on marine mammal populations. He has published more than 100 scientific papers, nine of which in the prestigious journals Science and Nature. A native of the Netherlands, he holds degrees in biology and geology from the University of Utrecht and the University of Michigan and teaches anatomy and embryology to medical students at Northeast Ohio Medical University. He also has appointments at Kent State University and the Cleveland Museum of Natural History.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication24/11/2008
- GenreLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight3190 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Edited byBernd Wursig,J. G. M. 'Hans' Thewissen,William F. Perrin
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.