Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £7.13+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £2.59Free P&P
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by bookbarn-international
- Est. delivery by 29 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of the author's poems, which begin in elegy and progress through place, history and change, to optimism. After a trip to the Golan Heights, he conceived a major poem on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. He also considers the isolated people of his native Lewes.
- Author BiographyIain Crichton Smithwas born in 1928 on the island of Lewis. Educated at Aberdeen University, he became a teacher after national service. In 1977 he resigned to write full time. He received many awards, including the OBE in 1980. He died in 1998. Carcanet publish his Selected Poems (1985), Collected Poems (1992, paper-back 1996), Ends and Beginnings (1995), The Human Face (1997), The Leaf and the Marble (1998) and Selected Stories (1990).
- PrizesWinner of Scottish Arts Council Book Award 1995. Short-listed for Forward Poetry Prize 1995.
- Author(s)Iain Crichton-Smith
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/1994
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight216 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.72Trending at £6.88
- £4.57Trending at £4.98
- £8.68Trending at £8.85
- £7.84Trending at £10.95
- £11.41Trending at £17.90
- £4.44Trending at £4.98
- £3.45Trending at £6.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.