All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £19.59Trending at £26.39
- £9.44Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.19
- £4.79Trending at £5.19
- £15.55Trending at £19.06
- £13.65Trending at £14.14
- £10.95Trending at £13.67
About this product
- DescriptionThe United Kingdom is committed to reducing its greenhouse gas emissions by at least 80 per cent by 2050. This book explores in detail those factors which could help or hinder the attainment of the UK's climate change targets, and how these factors interact with the parallel objective of maintaining a robust and secure energy system.
- Author BiographyJim Skea is Professor of Sustainable Energy at Imperial College London and Research Director of the Energy Research Centre. His research interests are in energy, climate change and technological innovation. Jim is a founding member of the UK's Committee on Climate Change and a Vice-Chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Working Group III (climate change mitigation). Paul Ekins has a PhD in economics from the University of London and is a Co-Director of the UK Energy Research Centre, heading its Energy Systems theme. He is Professor of Energy and Environment Policy at the UCL Energy Institute, University College London. His academic work focuses on the conditions and policies for achieving an environmentally sustainable economy, with a special focus on energy technologies and policy, innovation, the role of economic instruments, sustainability assessment and environment and trade. Mark Winskel is Research Co-ordinator of the UK Energy Research Centre, and Senior Research Fellow in the Institute for Energy Systems, University of Edinburgh. He has held a number of research grant awards on innovation in energy systems. He has an interdisciplinary education across the natural, environmental and social sciences, and his PhD addressed technological change in the UK power supply sector.
- Author(s)Jim Skea,Mark Winskel,Paul Ekins
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/12/2010
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteDiagrams, tables, graphs, index
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.