Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.78
- £12.49Trending at £12.64
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.97
- £30.73Trending at £34.59
- £6.17Trending at £6.28
- £24.93Trending at £26.05
About this product
- DescriptionCutting carbon emissions is urgent but very challenging in wealthy democracies. Energy for the Future analyzes the changing contexts, imperatives and fault lines, and proposes ways forwards. Greater public engagement and a new approach to markets are vital, but traditional concerns with energy security and economic efficiency cannot be set aside.
- Author BiographyIVAN SCRASE works on policy framings, appraisals and change in the areas of carbon abatement, energy efficiency, bioenergy and flood risk management. He trained at Oxford, UK (BA) and Imperial College London (MSc, PhD), and has worked in academia, the NGO sector and environmental consultancy. GORDON MACKERRON is an economist who works on energy policy and economics, especially the trade-offs between policy objectives, as well as on electricity issues, especially nuclear power policy. He has worked in government and consultancy as well as academia and chaired the UK Government Committee on Radioactive Waste Management.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/02/2009
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleEnergy, Climate and the Environment
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight558 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byGordon MacKerron,Ivan Scrase
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.