CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.15
- £9.99Trending at £10.15
- £16.56Trending at £24.93
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £23.73Trending at £24.11
- £21.48Trending at £23.39
- £20.99Trending at £24.92
About this product
- DescriptionImagination is the source of creativity and invention. This volume of essays has been collected expressly to bring readers new ideas about imagination and creativity in education that will both stimulate discussion and debate, and also contribute practical ideas for how to infuse daily classrooms with imaginative activities.
- Author BiographyKieran Egan is a Professor in the Faculty of Education at Simon Fraser University, Canada. He is the author of The Educated Mind: How cognitive tools shape our understanding (University of Chicago Press). He is also the author of Learning in Depth: A simple innovation that can transform schooling (University of Chicago Press), and a contributor to the LiD website (http://ierg.ca/LID/). Gillian Judson is one of the Directors of the Imaginative Education Research Group (www.ierg.ca), and a Lecturer in the Faculty of Education at Simon Fraser University. Her published work and teaching show how students' imaginations (pre-K through graduate school) can be routinely engaged to ensure effective learning across the curriculum. She is particularly interested in how an imaginative and ecologically sensitive approach to education can lead to a sophisticated ecological consciousness. Krystina Madej is Visiting Assistant Professor at the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, and Visiting Professor at the Center for Digital Media, Vancouver, Canada. Her current work looks at the nature of children's somatic engagement with narrative rhymes in which characteristics of their interaction in traditional oral and print media are contrasted with their interaction in digital media.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byGillian Judson,Kieran Egan,Krystina Madej
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement2nd Unabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.