Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.76
- £12.49Trending at £14.98
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.28
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.93Trending at £26.04
About this product
- DescriptionThe focus of the book is on engendering governance institutions towards gender equality. This has gained currency over the past few years, primarily due to the lack of achievement in the desired goals of development, especially in terms of attaining gender equality and women's empowerment.
- Author BiographySmita Mishra Panda is currently Professor of Development Studies with the Human Development Foundation, Bhubaneswar (Orissa). Prior to this, she has taught at the Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA), Gujarat for eight years. She is trained as a Social Anthropologist and Regional Planner in Delhi University and the Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok (Thailand), with specialisation in gender and environment issues. She has worked as a researcher at the Gender and Development Studies, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand and also with United Nations Centre for Regional Development, Japan. Dr Mishra Panda has been a guest faculty with the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway. Her current areas of interest are gender and governance, gender and integrated water resource management, and peri-urban natural resource and livelihood institutional concerns. She is also the India coordinator for CapNet (capacity building and networking in integrated water resource management), focusing primarily on gender and institutional concerns. Widely travelled, she has published in several national and international journals.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight748 g
- Width184 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited bySmita Mishra Panda
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.