Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £21.69Trending at £24.78
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £12.13
- £9.09Trending at £9.24
- £5.94Trending at £6.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis text demonstrates that symbolic representation and related problem-solving methods offer significant opportunities to clarify and articulate concepts of design.
- Author BiographyClive L. Dym is Fletcher Jones Professor of Engineering Design and Director of the Center for Design Education at Harvey Mudd College. His primary interests are in engineering design and structural mechanics. He is the author of several books including Engineering Design: A Synthesis of Views (1994), Structural Modeling and Analysis (1997), Principles of Mathematical Modeling, Second Edition (2004) and Engineering Design: A Project Based Introduction, co-authored with Patrick Little (2008). He has published more than 90 refereed journal articles and is the founding editor of Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Design, Analysis and Manufacturing. He has served on the editorial boards of several other journals, including the ASME's Journal of Mechanical Design. David C. Brown is Professor of Computer Science and has a collaborative appointment as Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. He is also affiliated with the Manufacturing, Robotics and Learning Sciences programs. His research interests include computational models of engineering design and the applications of artificial intelligence to engineering and manufacturing. He has published Design Problem Solving: Knowledge Structures and Control Strategies, co-authored with B. Chandrasekaran (1990) and Intelligent Computer Aided Design, co-edited with M. B. Waldron and H. Yoshikawa (1992). From 2001 to 2011, he was the Editor in Chief of Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Design, Analysis and Manufacturing and has been on the editorial boards of Concurrent Engineering: Research and Application; Research in Engineering Design and The International Journal of Design Computing.
- Author(s)Clive L. Dym,David C. Brown
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/04/2012
- GenreTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note58 b/w illus.
- Weight600 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.