All listings for this product
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.45Trending at £50.53
- £39.99Trending at £48.20
- £27.44Trending at £28.66
- £109.60Trending at £156.43
- £14.41Trending at £18.92
- £11.33Trending at £12.12
- £11.85Trending at £16.99
About this product
- DescriptionStatistical models can be used in lieu of expensive design evaluations when performing engineering design optimization. The statistical model, or surrogate, provides a global model of the objective function of the design process and is used to expedite the search of promising designs.
- Author BiographyDr. Alexander I. J. Forrester is Lecturer in Engineering Design at the University of Southampton. His main area of research focuses on improving the efficiency with which expensive analysis (particularly computational fluid dynamics) is used in design. His techniques have been applied to wing aerodynamics, satellite structures, sports equipment design and Formula One. Dr Andras Sobester is a Lecturer and EPSRC/ Royal Academy of Engineering research Fellow in the School of Engineering Sciences at the University of Southampton. His research interests include aircraft design, aerodynamic shape parameterization and optimization, as well as engineering design technology in general. Professor Andy J. Keane currently holds the Chair of Computational Engineering at the University of Southampton. He leads the University's Computational Engineering at the Design Research Group and directs the rolls-Royce University Technology centre for Computational Engineering. His interests lie primarily in the aerospace sciences, with a focus on the design of aerospace systems using computational methods. He has published over two hundred papers and three books in this area, many of which deal with surrogate modelling concepts.
- Author(s)Alexander I. J. Forrester,Andras Sobester,Andy Keane
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/07/2008
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight554 g
- Width178 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.