All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the basic concepts and principles of statics. It helps students develop problem solving skills in a systematic manner and contains numerous examples, along with their complete solutions.
- Author BiographyDietmar Gross received his Engineering Diploma in Applied Mechanics and his Doctor of Engineering degree at the University of Rostock. He was Research Associate at the University of Stuttgart and since 1976 he is Professor of Mechanics at the University of Darmstadt. His research interests are mainly focused on modern solid mechanics on the macro and micro scale, including advanced materials, Werner Hauger studied Applied Mathematics and Mechanics at the University of Karlsruhe and received his Ph.D. in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics from Northwestern University in Evanston. He worked in industry for several years, was a Professor at the Helmut-Schmidt-University in Hamburg and went to the University of Darmstadt in 1978. His research interests are, among others, theory of stability, dynamic plasticity and biomechanics. Jorg Schroder studied Civil Engineering, received his doctoral degree at the University of Hannover and habilitated at the University of Stuttgart. He was Professor of Mechanics at the University of Darmstadt and went to the University of Duisburg-Essen in 2001. His fields of research are theoretical and computer-oriented continuum mechanics, modeling of functional materials as well as the further development of the finite element method. Wolfgang A. Wall studied Civil Engineering at Innsbruck University and received his doctoral degree from the University of Stuttgart. Since 2003 he is Professor of Mechanics at the TU Munchen and Head of the Institute for Computational Mechanics. His research interests cover broad fields in computational mechanics, including both solid and fluid mechanics. His recent focus is on multiphysics and multiscale problems as well as computational biomechanics. Nimal Rajapakse studied Civil Engineering at the University of Sri Lanka and received Doctor of Engineering from the Asian Institute of Technology in 1983. He was Professor of Mechanics and Department Head at the University of Manitoba and at the University of British Columbia. He is currently Dean of Applied Sciences at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver. His research interests include mechanics of advanced materials and geomechanics.
- Author(s)Dietmar Gross,Jorg Schroder,Nimal Rajapakse,Werner Hauger,Wolfgang A. Wall
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication29/08/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note249 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight361 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Online resource
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2013
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £24.50
- £26.30Trending at £26.87
- £17.51Trending at £17.84
- £20.30Trending at £26.98
- £16.38Trending at £16.77
- £20.87Trending at £21.09
- £21.83Trending at £22.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.