All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £21.51Trending at £25.63
- £19.50Trending at £25.49
- £24.60Trending at £26.48
- £21.47Trending at £22.95
- £18.19Trending at £18.73
- £18.07Trending at £20.98
- £13.43Trending at £19.18
About this product
- Author(s)Edward J. Rothwell,Michael J. Cloud
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication20/05/2014
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables
- Weight316 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface Authors To the Reader Introduction Why Bother? Think, Then Write, Like an Engineer Quick Review of Some Design Concepts Chapter Recap Exercises Clearly Understand the Goal What is the Goal? How the Information Resides in Your Mind Your Audience Other Aspects of Situational Awareness If Persuasion is Part of the Picture Chapter Recap Exercises Mindset for Technical Writing See Rules as Helpful Tools Think Clearly Before Starting to Write Again, Keep Your Reader in View! Getting Started With a Mind Map Chapter Recap Exercises Avoid the Worst Thinking Traps Claims vs. Facts Logical Fallacies Additional Checks on Correctness Other Ways to Be Careful Chapter Recap Exercises Some Points of Grammar and Style Rules and Suggestions Chapter Recap Exercises Keep Your Reader in Mind More Rules and Suggestions Chapter Recap Exercises Write Your Math Well What's Wrong with My Math? Getting Started Writing Math Well The Value of Abstraction Chapter Recap Exercises Further Reading Quick Reference Index
- Author BiographyEdward J. Rothwell received his BS from Michigan Technological University, Houghton, USA; MS and EE from Stanford University, California, USA; and Ph.D from Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA; all in electrical engineering. He has been a faculty member in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Michigan State University since 1985, and currently holds the rank of professor. Beforehand, he worked for Raytheon Co., Waltham, Massachusetts, USA and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Lincoln Laboratory, Lexington, USA. Dr. Rothwell previously coauthored a book on electromagnetics and has published numerous journal articles on related subjects. He is a member of Phi Kappa Phi, Sigma Xi, and URSI Commission B, and is an IEEE fellow. Michael J. Cloud received his BS, MS, and Ph.D in electrical engineering from Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA. Since 1987, he has been a faculty member in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, Michigan, USA. He currently holds the rank of associate professor. Dr. Cloud has coauthored 11 other books, primarily in the field of engineering mathematics. He is a senior member of the IEEE.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.