Consider these sponsored items
- £38.26Free postage
- £20.02Free postage
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £8.45Trending at £8.99
- £7.91Trending at £8.99
- £6.00Trending at £6.29
- £6.79Trending at £6.90
- £17.18Trending at £19.95
- £10.77Trending at £13.99
- £7.20Trending at £7.98
About this product
- DescriptionWe are all aware of the great achievements of Greeks and Romans in art, culture, philosophy, and regrettably, war, but not so many of us know of their ability to create remarkable machines. This book gives an insight into their engineering know-how.
- Author BiographyJ. G. Landels, now retired, was a Senior Lecturer in Classics at Reading University. His work, in collaboration with the Engineering Department, involved making working replicas of ancient machines and testing them in the field.
- Author(s)J. G. Landels
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication27/10/2000
- GenreTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note65 line illustrations, 2 tables
- Weight54 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.