All listings for this product
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £8.45Trending at £8.99
- £7.91Trending at £8.99
- £6.00Trending at £6.29
- £6.79Trending at £6.90
- £17.18Trending at £19.95
- £10.77Trending at £13.99
- £7.20Trending at £7.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe former Jewel in the Crown of the British Empire, India remains, by any measure, a major economic and political actor on the world scene. Without her extensive railway network - completed against all odds by her British colonial masters - it is impossible to imagine what might have become of the diverse lands and peoples of the subcontinent.
- Author BiographyIan J. Kerr is a retired Professor of History and Senior Scholar in the Department of History at the University of Manitoba. He is also a Professorial Research Associate in the Department of History at the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London. His publications include Railways in Modern India (2001) and Building the Railways of the Raj (1995).
- Author(s)Ian J. Kerr
- Date of Publication30/12/2006
- GenreTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.