All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to historical pragmatics in English studies. It gives students a grounding in historical pragmatics and teaches the methodology needed to analyse language in social, cultural and historical contexts. It provides insights into the analysis of discourse markers, interjections, terms of address and speech acts.
- Author BiographyAndreas H. Jucker is Professor of English Linguistics and Vice Dean of the Faculty of Arts at the University of Zurich. Irma Taavitsainen is Professor of English Linguistics and Vice Dean of the Faculty of Arts at the University of Zurich.
- Author(s)Andreas H. Jucker,Irma Taavitsainen
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2012
- Series TitleEdinburgh Textbooks on the English Language
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Series Edited byHeinz J. Giegerich
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £22.62Trending at £23.38
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £21.80Trending at £22.01
- £9.97Trending at £12.03
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.