All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an accessible overview of the structural and cognitive approaches to English historical semantics. Focusing primarily on Lexical Semantics, the study of word meaning, the book looks at how these approaches help to answer two key questions in Historical Linguistics: how and why languages change.
- Author BiographyChristian Kay is Professor Emeritus and Honorary Professorial Research Fellow in English Language at the University of Glasgow. Kathryn L. Allan is Senior Lecturer in the History of English at University College London.
- Author(s)Christian Kay,Kathryn Allan
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2015
- Series TitleEdinburgh Textbooks on the English Language - Advanced
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note8 black and white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £21.75Trending at £24.08
- £21.43Trending at £22.34
- £18.47Trending at £21.57
- £16.47Trending at £22.92
- £13.69Trending at £15.06
- £14.85Trending at £15.72
- £10.99Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.