Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £9.57Trending at £9.79
- £16.29Trending at £19.04
- £4.51Trending at £7.10
- £6.89Trending at £10.04
- £4.48Trending at £4.77
- £8.63Trending at £8.80
About this product
- DescriptionA faculty-specific series for students in higher education.
- Author BiographyDr Anthony Manning is Dean for Internationalisation at the University of Kent and was formerly Director of the Centre for English and World Languages. Anthony is one of the original creators of the TASK (Transferable Academic Skills Kit) series and he remains one of the main authors of the second edition of this range of books. Also for Garnet, Anthony has written Assessing EAP and English for Language and Linguistics as part of the ESAP series. Anthony has written a number of other books and journal contributions for other publishers. Before joining the University of Kent, Anthony was Assistant Director to what is now the International Study and Language Institute at the University of Reading. Anthony also taught in France, Germany, China and Japan. He has also been a lecturer at a Japanese College situated within the University of Durham, and at an International College in Reading. Anthony has a Doctorate in Education and Applied Linguistics with a focus on language testing. He has delivered seminar papers at ALTE, IATEFL, InForm and BALEAP conferences on the subject of English for academic purposes, language assessment and academic skills development. Terry Phillips has worked in ELT for more than 35 years as a teacher, teaching supervisor, manager and language school owner. As a consultant, he has worked in more than 20 countries in all parts of the world, advising state and private language institutions on all aspects of school management. For the last ten years, he has been a full time freelance writer with his wife Anna, producing more than 160 published books in ELT. Although he and Anna have worked for all the major publishers, all recent works have been for Garnet Education. Terry is the series editor of the English for Specific Academic Purposes series for Garnet Education, which aims to prepare students to entry into a particular faculty for English-medium tertiary education. The series won the ESU award in 2009.
- Author(s)Anthony Manning
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreELT Course Materials
- Series TitleEnglish for Specific Academic Purposes
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Education
- Content Notefull colour photos, tables and illustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Series Edited byTerry Phillips
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and 2 Audio CDs (Audiobook)
- Edition StatementStudent Manual/Study Guide
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.