About this product
- Author(s)Joan C. Beal
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- GenreHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight517 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of Contents1 Modern English and Modern Times 2 The Vocabulary of Later Modern English 3 Recording and Regulating the Lexicon: Dictionaries from Dr Johnson to the Oxford English Dictionary 4 Syntactic Change in Later Modern English 5 Grammars and Grammarians 6 Phonological Change in Later Modern English 7 Defining the Standard of Pronunciation: Pronouncing Dictionaries and the Rise of RP 8 Beyond Standard English: Varieties of English in the Later Modern Period Reference Index
- Author BiographyJoan Beal, Director, National Centre for English Cultural Tradition, University of Sheffield, UK
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.