CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.92Trending at £24.50
- £40.17Trending at £44.44
- £27.28Trending at £27.76
- £12.69Trending at £13.18
- £20.30Trending at £26.98
- £16.38Trending at £16.73
- £21.17Trending at £24.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe spread and globalisation of English has proved to be of interest in the study of diverse linguistic phenomena. From a methodological perspective, the study of Englishes poses a number of challenges, and attempts have been made to address these in corpus linguistics, sociolinguistic fieldwork and variationist studies.
- Author BiographyCristina Suarez-Gomez is Senior Lecturer of English Linguistics at the University of the Balearic Islands. Her main areas of research are English historical syntax, English historical sociolinguistics, dialectal variation in English, from both synchronic and diachronic perspectives, and morphosyntactic variation in World Englishes. Elena Seoane is Associate Professor of English Linguistics at the University of Vigo. Her main research interests are grammaticalisation theory, English historical sociolinguistics, word order changes in early English, the development of scientific discourse, and morphosyntactic variation in World Englishes. Cristina Suarez-Gomez and Elena Seoane both belong to the research group ViEW (Variation in English Worldwide).
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight454 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byCristina Suarez-Gomez,Elena Seoane
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.