All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooks at the eighteenth-century Scottish Enlightenment - which gave birth to modern-day environmentalism - and sheds new light on Scottish thinkers such as Carl Linneaus, David Hume and Adam Smith. In this book, the author argues that Smith's defence of free markets was actually based on idealized notions of self-regulating natural systems.
- Author BiographyFredrik Albritton Jonsson is an assistant professor of British history at the University of Chicago. He lives in Chicago, IL.
- Author(s)Fredrik Albritton Jonsson
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication18/06/2013
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleThe Lewis Walpole Series in Eighteenth-Century Culture and History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note7 b-w illus. + 2 maps
- Weight657 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £12.31Trending at £13.95
- £11.95Trending at £17.68
- £8.84Trending at £13.09
- £9.52Trending at £13.01
- £9.99Trending at £15.11
- £6.76Trending at £12.11
- £12.58Trending at £19.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.