Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionPresents an English translation of selected poems by one of the most important and unusual modern poets of South Korea. Pak Chaesam's work is characterized by portraits of place, nature, childhood, and human relationships, and by indirection, nostalgia, and reflectiveness. He writes with a spareness of presentation, but a cornucopia of imagery.
- Author BiographyPak Chaesam (1933-1997) wrote fifteen books of poetry and numerous books of essays, and he won many of South Korea's most prestigious literary prizes. David R. McCann is Korea Foundation Professor of Korean Literature at Harvard University. Jiwon Shin is Assistant Professor of East Asian Languages and Cultures at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Author(s)Pak Chaesam
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- Language(s)English, Korean
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleLockert Library of Poetry in Translation
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight228 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Translated byDavid R. McCann,Jiwon Shin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.