Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.22Trending at £9.53
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £37.82Trending at £49.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the environmental history of the Delta of the lowland rivers Rhine and Meuse. This book offers a combination of ecology and environmental history, dealing with exploitation of land and water, the use of things nature provided, the development of fisheries and agriculture, and changes in biodiversity of higher plants, fish, birds, mammals.
- Author BiographyPiet Nienhuis (Groningen, 29 October 1938) passed through an international career of 40 years as researcher (biologist, ecologist) and research leader at the Netherlands Royal Academy of Arts and Sciences, and as professor and director at the Radboud University Nijmegen (the Netherlands) and the Free University Brussels (Belgium). He was chairman and advisor of services of the European Commission and several Dutch governmental departments. He published hundreds of scientific publications, mainly devoted to ecology and environmental sciences, in particular to estuarine and river ecology and management. After his retirement in 2003 he continued his writing activities, together with his editorial and advisory work.
- Author(s)Piet H. Nienhuis
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/05/2008
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1094 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.