All listings for this product
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.45Trending at £50.95
- £35.99Trending at £48.60
- £27.44Trending at £28.89
- £109.60Trending at £157.74
- £14.41Trending at £19.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.22
- £11.85Trending at £16.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a unique resource for state-of-the-art research findings on biotechnological enzyme innovations. It provides a great deal of information on the potential of enzymes for commercial exploitation. The book includes photographs, figures, and tables.
- Author BiographyProfessor Ashok Pandey, MSc, PhD Ashok is currently Head of the Biotechnology Division, Regional Research Laboratory, CSIR, Trivandrum, India. He graduated from the University of Kanpur and took his Master's degree with a first class in Chemistry. He followed this with a PhD in Microbiology from the University of Allahabad. Then he worked as scientist in the National Sugar Institute, Kanpur and Suddeutsche Zucker AG, Germany. He joined the Regional Research Laboratory, CSIR at Trivandrum in 1987. He has been Visiting Professor to UFPR- Brazil, UBP- France and UNESCO Professor. Ashok has strong research interest in the area of Industrial Biotechnology, especially in Bioprocess Technology. During the past 28 years of his career, the research carried out has credited him with five patents, 17 books, 12 technical reports and about 200 papers. He has supervised five PhDs and 57 Master's students. He has won several awards, which include Best Scientific Work Achievement award from the Cuban Govt, Raman Research Fellowship Award, GBF, Germany and CNRS, France Fellowships, Young Scientist Award, etc. He occupies the Chair (F&H) of the International Society of Food, Agriculture and Environment (Finland), President of Biotech Research Society of India, President of the Association of Microbiologists of India (Trivandrum chapter), Vice-Chairman (Kerala) of the All India Biotech Association- SC and life-member of the National Academy of Sciences (I), Society of Biological Chemists (I), Association of Food Scientists & Technologists (I), and Association of Microbiologists of India. He serves as the Editor of Bioresource Technology and is also on the Editorial Board of four other international and five Indian journals. He has also edited an Encyclopaedia published by Haworth Press, USA. His current R&D efforts are on mainly on Bioconversion of biomass, solid-state fermentation, biotechnological application agro-industrial residues for value addition, etc. Professor Colin Webb, BSc, PhD, CEng, CSci, FIChemE, FIAFoST Colin is currently Head of the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology in the UK. He is also Director of the Satake Centre for Grain Process Engineering, which he founded within the Department of Chemical Engineering in 1994. He joined UMIST in 1979 after graduating with a first class degree in Chemical Engineering and a PhD in Biochemical Engineering from the University of Aston. During his time in Manchester, Colin has supervised 75 higher degree theses including 25 PhDs. Publications include seven books, more than 160 research papers and three patents. He has been Editor of Elsevier's Biochemical Engineering Journal since its launch and serves on the editorial boards of four other international journals. He is a Fellow of the Institution of Chemical Engineers and a member of the American Association of Cereal Chemists. In 1999, Colin was honoured by being elected founding Fellow of the International Academy of Food Science and Technology. His research interests are largely directed towards the application of process engineering concepts to grain processing systems, particularly in the area of bioconversion of cereal products. He is currently working on a range of projects to establish cereals as a viable renewable resource for chemicals production. Professor Carlos Ricardo Soccol, PhD Carlos is currently Head of the Process Biotechnology Laboratory and Co-ordinator of the PhD programme in Biotechnology at the Federal University of Parana (UFPR), Curitiba, Brazil. He obtained his graduate and Master's degree in Chemical Engineering and Professor Titular thesis in Industrial Biotechnology from UFPR, followed by the PhD degree in Biotechnology from the Technological University of Compiegne, France. He has spent a stage as post-doctoral fellow at ORSTOM, Montpellier. Carlos has been instrumental in creating two major courses in UFPR, viz. PhD programme in Bio
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- GenreOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content NoteXVIII, 742 p.
- Weight3650 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byAshok Pandey,Carlos Ricardo Soccol,Christian Larroche,Colin Webb
- Edition Statement2006 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.