All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Boaventura de Sousa Santos
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Table Of ContentsPreface Manifesto for Good Living/Buen Vivir Minifesto for Intellectual-Activists Introduction Creating a Distance in Relation to Western-centric Political Imagination and Critical Theory Part One Centrifugal Modernities and Subaltern Wests: Degrees of Separation Chapter 1 Nuestra America: Postcolonial Identities and Mestizajes Chapter 2 Another Angelus Novus: Beyond the Modern Game of Roots and Options Chapter 3 Is There a Non-Occidentalist West? Part Two Toward Epistemologies of the South: Against the Waste of Experience Chapter 4 Beyond Abyssal Thinking: From Global Lines to Ecologies of Knowledges Chapter 5 Toward an Epistemology of Blindness: Why the New Forms of Ceremonial Adequacy neither Regulate nor Emancipate Chapter 6 A Critique of Lazy Reason: Against the Waste of Experience and Toward the Sociology of Absences and the Sociology of Emergences Chapter 7 Ecologies of Knowledges Chapter 8 Intercultural Translation: Differing and Sharing con Passionalita Conclusion
- Author BiographyBoaventura de Sousa Santos is director of the Center for Social Studies at the University of Coimbra (Portugal). Among his many books are The Rise of the Global Left: The World Social Forum and Beyond (2006) and Law and Globalization from Below: Towards a Cosmopolitan Legality (2005).
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £10.09Trending at £13.89
- £24.53Trending at £29.23
- £12.41Trending at £21.17
- £41.64Trending at £69.13
- £17.55Trending at £18.10
- £31.41Trending at £33.56
- £23.39Trending at £25.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.