All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.00Trending at £5.09
- £20.03Trending at £22.54
- £16.02Trending at £22.20
- £28.00Trending at £34.27
- £23.46Trending at £35.31
- £44.17Trending at £51.85
- £23.80Trending at £37.59
About this product
- DescriptionErik Desmazieres is considered to be one of the finest French printmakers of his generation. This volume surveys the artist's earlier production from the 1970s and 1980s, focusing on Desmazieres imaginary places, through 80 prints and drawings. It also includes the artist's masterpiece The Temptation of St Anthony .
- Author BiographyMaxime Preaud is head curator, responsible for the Holdings of the Prints Department in the Bibliotheque nationale de France. A painter and print-maker himself, he specialises in the history of prints of the 17th century, and is the author of the Inventory of the French bequest dedicated to Claude Mellan, Sebastien Leclerc and Jean Lepautre. He has organised a number of exhibitions, including 'Abraham Bosse savant graveur' (2004), 'Rodolphe Bresdin 1822-1885 Robinson graveur' (2000), 'Anatomie de la couleur' (1996) and 'Les effets du soleil' (1995).Alberto Manguel is an Argentine writer and critic. His most well-known works are 'The Dictionary of Imaginary Places' (1998), 'A Reading Diary' (2005), and most recently 'Magic Land of Toys' (2006) and 'The Library at Night' (2006). 'Lauren Laz' is a curator at the Cantonal prints cabinet at the Musee Jenisch, Vevey.
- Author(s)Alberto Manguel,Lauren Laz,Maxime Preaud
- PublisherFive Continents Editions
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- Language(s)English and French
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintFive Continents Editions
- Content Note61 b.&w., 17 col.
- Weight840 g
- Width285 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.