All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn addition to summarizing Goffman's major concepts and his influence on other scholars, the book includes an intellectual biography, explication of his methods, and an example of how to extend his ideas. Readers are invited to consider Goffman as a lens through which to view much of the pattern evident in the social world.
- Author BiographyYves Winkin is University Professor of Communication at the Ecole normale superieure of Lyon (ENSL), France, and Extraordinary Professor of Anthropology at the University of Liege, Belgium. His major books include Anthropologie de la communication (1996, translated into Spanish and Portuguese); Erving Goffman: les moments et leurs hommes (1988, translated into Spanish, Portuguese and Japanese); and La Nouvelle Communication (1981, translated into Greek, Spanish and Portuguese). His latest book is Vers une marche plaisir en ville: boite a outils pour augmenter le bonheur de marcher (2012, with Sonia Lavadinho). His MA is from the Annenberg School of Communication at the University of Pennsylvania; his PhD is from the University of Liege. Wendy Leeds-Hurwitz is Director of the Center for Intercultural Dialogue and Professor Emerita at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. Among her books are: Learning Matters: The Transformation of US Higher Education (2012, with Peter Hoff), The Social History of Language and Social Interaction Research (2010), Socially Constructing Communication (2009, with Gloria Galanes), Wedding as Text (2002), Social Approaches to Communication (1995), Semiotics and Communication (1993), and Communication in Everyday Life (1989). Leeds-Hurwitz earned her MA and PhD degrees from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Wendy Leeds-Hurwitz,Yves Winkin
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication14/08/2013
- GenreUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleA Critical Introduction to Media and Communication Theory
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight390 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.97Trending at £7.99
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.