Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £48.75Trending at £74.37
- £24.37Trending at £29.09
- £8.28Trending at £9.95
- £13.93Trending at £14.38
- £9.32Trending at £13.04
- £13.16Trending at £17.97
- £9.86Trending at £14.99
About this product
- DescriptionWhat cultural product,Tuan asks, is not escape?In his new book, the capstone of a celebrated career, Tuan shows that escapism is an inescapable component of human thought and culture.
- Author BiographyFrom 1983 until retiring in 1998, Yi-Fu Tuan was the John K. Wright and Vilas Professor of Geography at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. One of the most important and influential cultural geographers of our time, Tuan has been the recipient of many awards, including a Guggenheim Fellowship, the Cullum Medal of the American Geographical Society, and the Laureat d'Honneur of the International Geographical Union. His previous books include Cosmos and Hearth: A Cosmopolite's Viewpoint; Topophilia: A Study of Environmental Perception, Attitudes, and Values; Dominance and Affection: The Making of Pets; and Who Am I? An Autobiography of Emotion, Mind, and Spirit.
- Author(s)Yi-fu Tuan
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication25/07/2000
- GenrePeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note5 Illustrations, black and white
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18 years
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.