Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £52.63Trending at £53.70
- £5.35Trending at £5.46
- £22.74Trending at £23.30
- £7.00Trending at £7.15
- £17.24Trending at £17.58
- £10.79Trending at £14.99
- £7.99Trending at £8.13
About this product
- DescriptionThirty illustrated essays highlighting a variety of best-loved and little-known Detroit artists.
- Author BiographyDennis Alan Nawrocki serves as adjunct faculty in the Department of Art and Art History at Wayne State University. Author of Art in Detroit Public Places (Wayne State University Press, 2008) and a freelance critic, Nawrocki has penned reviews for a wide range of publications including Art in America and Sculpture. Steve Panton is the founder of 2739 Edwin and 9338 Campau galleries and co-founder of the Hamtramck Neighborhood Arts Festival and the Free School of Hamtramck. His personal interests are in interdisciplinary projects at the intersection of pedagogy, research, and exhibition making. Matthew Piper has been covering the Detroit art scene since 2011, when he served as the inaugural Detroit blogger for KnightArts. His writing and photography have since been featured in Bad at Sports, Detroit Research, Infinite Mile, and Model D. Sarah Rose Sharp is a Detroit-based writer, activist, photographer, and multimedia artist. She writes about art and culture in Detroit for Art in America, Hyperallergic, KnightArts, and others. She was named a 2015 Kresge Literary Arts Fellow for Arts Criticism.
- Author(s)Dennis Alan Nawrocki,Matthew Piper,Sarah Rose Sharp,Steve Panton
- PublisherWayne State University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2016
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleA Painted Turtle Book
- Place of PublicationDetroit, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWayne State University Press
- Content Note248 illustrations
- Weight546 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.