Consider these sponsored items
- £17.39Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn inspiring introduction to Chan Buddhism in a value-priced hardcover edition. Perfect for daily spiritual guidance and gifts.
- Author BiographyCHAN MASTER GUO JUN was ordained as a novice monk at Mahabodhi Monastery, Singapore under Venerable Master Song Nian and received his full monastic ordination at Guangde Monastery, Taiwan under Venerable Master Jingxin, Venerable Master Liaozhong, and Venerable Master Guangyuan. Dharma heir of Venerable Master Shengyen from Dharma Drum Mountain, Taiwan and Venerable Master Qinyin from Fuhui Monastery, Taiwan; Venerable Guo Jun is the lineage holder and successor of the Chan, Xianshou, and Cien schools of Chinese Buddhism. He has also studied and practiced in Thai, Burmese, Chinese Pure Land, Tibetan, Korean Son, and Japanese Shingon traditions. Guo Jun was the deputy director of Dharma propagation at Singapore Buddhist Federation and abbot of Dharma Drum Retreat Center, New York. He is a member of Australian Psychological Society; spiritual and guiding teacher of Chan Meditation Centre Australia, Chan Community Canada, Dharmajala Indonesia; and abbot of Mahabodhi Monastery, Singapore. Guo Jun has a diploma in biotechnology from Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore; a degree in Buddhist philosophy from Fuyan Buddhist Institute, Taiwan; a bachelor of arts in psychology and sociology from Monash University, Australia and a master of Buddhist studies at the University of Sydney, Australia. Guo Jun is actively propagating the teachings and practices of Chinese Buddhism. He has taught in different parts of the world such as Australia, Canada, Europe, Indonesia, North America, and Singapore. ROBERT THURMAN is an author of popular and scholarly Buddhist works and frequent translator of H.H. the Dalai Lama. KENNETH WAPNER's company Peekamoose Productions develops book and film projects. Kenneth is an author, editor, book doctor, agent, co-writer, ghostwriter, journalist, and book packager. As an author, his books have included national bestsellers and been published by major houses including Putnam, Bantam, Villard, Miramax, Random House and Free Press. His work has appeared in many national magazines and newspapers, including Gourmet, Field & Stream, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, and Philadelphia Inquirer
- Author(s)Guo Jun
- PublisherMonkfish Book Publishing Company
- Date of Publication02/04/2013
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationRhinebeck, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMonkfish Book Publishing Company
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £114.99Trending at £117.15
- £100.00Trending at £103.08
- £20.66Trending at £21.99
- £15.98Trending at £16.68
- £9.97Trending at £13.08
- £6.99Trending at £7.07
- £8.22Trending at £9.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.