All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a clear focus on developing students' skills in film analysis. This title features interviews with film practitioners throughout, giving students insight into real-world practice in today's field.
- Author BiographyJon Lewis is a professor in the English Department at Oregon State University where he has taught film and cultural studies since 1983. He has published eight books: THE ROAD TO ROMANCE AND RUIN: TEEN FILMS AND YOUTH CULTURE, which won a CHOICE MAGAZINE Academic Book of the Year Award; WHOM GOD WISHES TO DESTROY ... FRANCIS COPPOLA AND THE NEW HOLLYWOOD; THE NEW AMERICAN CINEMA; HOLLYWOOD V. HARD CORE: HOW THE STRUGGLE OVER CENSORSHIP SAVED THE MODERN FILM INDUSTRY, a NEW YORK TIMES New and Noteworthy paperback; THE END OF CINEMA AS WE KNOW IT: AMERICAN FILM IN THE NINETIES; AMERICAN FILM: A HISTORY; LOOKING PAST THE SCREEN: CASE STUDIES IN AMERICAN FILM HISTORY; and for the British Film Institute's Film Classics series, THE GODFATHER. Professor Lewis has appeared in two theatrically released documentaries on film censorship: INSIDE DEEP THROAT (Fenton Bailey, 2005) and THIS FILM IS NOT YET RATED (Kirby Dick, 2006). Between 2002 and 2007, he served as editor of CINEMA JOURNAL and had a seat on the Executive Council of the Society for Cinema and Media Studies.
- Author(s)Jon Lewis
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication10/12/2012
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight800 g
- Width215 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.22Trending at £23.57
- £13.74Trending at £18.33
- £16.22Trending at £20.30
- £12.65Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.65
- £12.49Trending at £13.91
- £15.56Trending at £16.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.