All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £19.59Trending at £26.34
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.38Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.80
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
About this product
- DescriptionProviding the necessary foundation for a critical understanding of this rapidly expanding area of biological science that underpins and explains the modern concepts of a wide range of diseases and conditions, this book gives a concise, readable, and up-to-date account of immunology in general and its translation into key areas of clinical practice.
- Author BiographyProfessor Oleg Eremin graduated from the University of Melbourne, Australia, in 1964, before training in surgery at the Royal Melbourne Hospital and in Papua New Guinea. He moved to the UK in 1972, becoming Research Assistant at the University of Cambridge, between 1974 and 1980, undertaking research into tumour immunology and anti-cancer defences. In 1981 he became Senior Lecturer at the University of Edinburgh and Honorary Consultant Surgeon at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, and from 1985 to 1998 he was Regius Professor of Surgery at University of Aberdeen, and Honorary Consultant Surgeon at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, before taking up his current posts. Professor Eremin has over 200 publications in peer-reviewed journals, 25 chapters in books, and is the editor of four textbooks. His recent research interests include tumour cell resistance and proteomics, and immunotherapy in advanced cancer with dendritic cells and hTERT. Professor Herb Sewell studied at Birmingham University gaining BDS Hons1 in 1973. Following further studies and research in immunology, he gained an MSc in 1975 and PhD in 1978. He subsequently pursued professional training and accreditation in clinical immunology and qualified in Medicine (MB ChB in 1983). He was appointed Senior Lecturer/Honorary Consultant in Immunology at the University of Aberdeen 1985 and subsequently moved to the University of Nottingham as Professor and Honorary Consultant in Immunology in 1990. In 2002 he was appointed a Pro Vice Chancellor/Vice President of Research at the University of Nottingham (2002-2007). His research interests focus primarily on the immunology of allergic disease and in particular on immunomodulation of the allergic response by the biological properties of allergens and by molecularly engineered antibodies. He has published over 120 peer reviewed original papers and reviews.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2011
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note85 black and white illustrations and an 8-page colour plate section
- Weight938 g
- Width169 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byHerb Sewell,Oleg Eremin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.