Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.15
- £11.30Trending at £12.33
- £6.49Trending at £6.94
- £9.60Trending at £13.18
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £11.32Trending at £12.44
- £6.42Trending at £6.94
About this product
- DescriptionAn in-depth understanding of energy technology, sources, conversion, storage, transport and conservation is crucial for developing a sustainable and economically viable energy infrastructure. This need, for example, is addressed in university courses with a special focus on the energy mix of renewable and depletable energy resources.
- Author BiographyJochen Fricke became professor for experimental physics at the University of Wurzburg in 1975, where he is still giving lectures on energy technology. He was appointed as founding director of the Bavarian Center for Applied Energy Research (ZAE) in Wurzburg in 1991, and was head of the board of directors until 2005. His research interests started in nuclear energy and went on to energy conservation and renewables. He received his PhD at the Technical University of Munich, followed by post-doc research in Munich and Pittsburgh. In 2006 he was appointed as spokesperson for the Bavarian Energy Technology Cluster. Jochen Fricke was honoured with several prizes, among them the 'Medal for Scientific Publication' by the German Physical Society and the State Medal for Special Services to the Bavarian Economy . Walter Borst is Professor Emeritus of Physics at Texas Tech University, Lubbock, where he still teaches. He joined the University as department chairman in 1984. Before coming to Texas he was Professor of Physics at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale. In Illinois he also served as chairman of the advisory board of the Illinois Energy Resources Commission. Borst received his Ph. D. in Physics from the University of California at Berkeley in 1968 with a specialty in atomic and molecular physics. He then went to the University of Pittsburgh as a postdoctoral fellow. Before coming to the United States he received his Diplom in Physik from the University of Tubingen, Germany, in nuclear physics. His main research has been in atomic collisions and time-resolved laser-induced fluorescence for materials characterization, and in renewable energy, especially solar heat collectors and long-term solar heat storage. During his professional career Borst served in a variety of scientific organizations. He recently received the Distinguished Service Award from the Texas Section of the American Physical Society.
- Author(s)Jochen Fricke,Walter L. Borst
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication04/12/2013
- GenreEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight900 g
- Width175 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.