Best-selling in Other Books, Comics, Magazines
Save on Other Books, Comics, Magazines
- £11.40Trending at £13.15
- £30.80Trending at £40.07
- £10.11Trending at £11.17
- £14.83Trending at £15.73
- £11.99Trending at £14.01
- £11.60Trending at £14.20
- £9.42Trending at £14.23
About this product
- Author(s)Amir Javidinejad
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleMechanical and Aerospace Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note220 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsBasics of Material Engineering Introduction The Fundamental Terms The Material Properties Problems References Stress and Strain Relationship Introduction Stress 2-D Stresses on an Inclined Angle Principal Stresses Mohr's Circle Strain Plane Stress and Strain Principal Strains Stress Based on the Measured Strains Stress State in Polar Coordinates Stress Field around Circular Holes in Thin Plates Problems References Stress Due to Pressure Conditions Introduction Contact Stresses Thin-Walled Spherical Pressure Vessels Thin-Walled Cylindrical Pressure Vessels Thick-Walled Cylinder Problems References Failure Criteria Introduction Material Failure Maximum Shear Stress Criterion Maximum Distortion Energy Criterion Maximum Normal Stress Criterion Mohr's Criterion Factor of Safety Calculations Problems References Beam Analysis Theory Introduction Boundary Conditions and Loading Shear and Moment Diagrams Deflection of the Beams Bending of the Beams Shear of the Beams Torsion of the Beams Curved Beam Theory Problems References Plate Analysis Theory Introduction Circular Plates Uniformly Loaded Circular Plates Loaded at the Center Uniformly Loaded Rectangular Plates Problems References Elastic Stability and Buckling Introduction Column Buckling Instability Column Buckling under Combined Axial and Bending Loads Multiple Column System Buckling Buckling of Plates Problems References Fatigue Analysis Introduction Stress-Life S-N Curve Fatigue Crack Growth Problems References Energy Methods Introduction Strain Energy Castigliano's Theory Stress Due to Impact by Potential Energy Problems References Numerical and Finite Element Methods Introduction Stress on Truss Elements Stress on Beam Members Accurate Finite Element Analysis of Plates Problems References Composite Analysis Theory Introduction Orthotropic Lamina Orthotropic Layers Oriented at an Arbitrary Angle Analysis of Laminate Effective Modulus of the Laminate Problems References Fasteners and Joint Connections Introduction Fastener Connection Failure Welded Connection Failure Eccentric Loading of Fasteners Intercoupling Loading of Fasteners and Inserts Fastener Properties Problems References MathCAD(R) Stress Analysis Simulations Introduction Section Property Calculations Stress Transformation and Principal Stresses Hooke's Law (Stress and Strain Conversations) Contact Stresses Pressure Vessels Shear and Moment Diagrams Curved Beam Theory Deflection of Circular Plates Deflection of Rectangular Plates Column Buckling Plate Buckling Finite Elements of Truss System Composite Laminate Lay-up Analysis Eccentric Loading of the Fasteners References
- Author BiographyAmir Javidinejad received his MS from the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta and his PhD in mechanical engineering from the University of Texas at Arlington. Dr. Javidinejad has extensive practical experience in structural solid mechanics and finite element methods from aerospace, military, and commercial industries as well as from academia. He has been involved in research in the areas of structural mechanics of isotropic and composite materials, and his experiences include static and dynamics simulation of various structures and structural testing correlations.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.