All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.57Trending at £4.92
- £4.66Trending at £4.81
- £4.66Trending at £4.79
- £4.44Trending at £5.88
- £4.77Trending at £4.90
- £7.48Trending at £8.92
- £4.59Trending at £5.58
About this product
- DescriptionThis Norton Critical Edition of Edith Wharton's celebrated novella is based on the first edition, published by Charles Scribner's Sons in 1911.
- Author BiographyPulitzer Prize-winning American writer and designer Edith Wharton (1862-1937) is the author of The House of Mirth, The Age of Innocence, Ethan Frome, The Decoration of Houses, and many other books. Kristin O. Lauer is Associate Professor of English at Fordham University. Her publications include Edith Wharton: The Contemporary Reviews (with James Tuttleton and Margaret P. Murray) and Edith Wharton: An Annotated Secondary Bibliography (with Margaret P. Murray). Her psychological study, Gallery of the Damned: The Inner World of Edith Wharton's Women, is forthcoming. She has published psychological essays on George Eliot, Henry James, and Edith Wharton. Cynthia Griffin Wolff is Class of 1922 Professor of Humanities at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She is the author of A Feast of Words: The Triumph of Edith Wharton, Emily Dickinson, and Samuel Richardson and the Eighteenth-Century Puritan Character. She has edited many literary works, including Short Fiction of Major American Women Writers: Jewett, Chopin, Wharton, and Cather; Four Works by American Women Writers; and Edith Wharton's Summer, The House of Mirth, The Custom of the Country, and The Touchstone. Her essays and articles have appeared in many journals in the United States and Canada.
- Author(s)Edith Wharton
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication17/12/1994
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleNorton Critical Editions
- Series Part/Volume Number0
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight200 g
- Width132 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byCynthia Griffin Wolff,Kristin O. Lauer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.