All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow can science be brought to connect with experience? This book addresses two challenging problems facing contemporary neurobiology and cognitive science: understanding how we unconsciously execute habitual actions and creating an ethics adequate to our present awareness.
- Author BiographyFrancisco J. Varela is Director of Research at the French National Research Council and head of the Laboratory of Cognitive Psychophysiology at the Hospital of the Salpetriere, Paris. The most recent of his many books co-authored or co-edited in English is (with Evan Thompson and Eleanor Rosch) The Embodied Mind: Cognitive Science and Human Experience.
- Author(s)Francisco J. Varela
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1999
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleWriting Science
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Weight127 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Psychology & Help
Save on Psychology & Help
- £30.72Trending at £31.15
- £33.52Trending at £41.99
- £37.38Trending at £41.39
- £31.56Trending at £36.28
- £11.98Trending at £12.10
- £7.93Trending at £10.05
- £6.38Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.