All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn interesting and accessible introduction to ethical issues raised by various forms of human use of animals. This textbook avoids moral lecturing and presents a range of ethical viewpoints without defending or applying any specific stance.
- Author BiographyPeter Sandoe is trained as a philosopher and is currently professor of bioethics at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark. Stine B. Christiansen is a DVM and MSc in applied animal behaviour and welfare and is currently doing her Ph.D. at the University of Copenhagen. Both authors have engaged in interdisciplinary research on animal ethics for a number of years. They have advised politicians on animal issues and contributed to the public debate. In addition, they have been involved in setting up and teaching a compulsory course in animal ethics for veterinary students at the University of Copenhagen.
- Author(s)Peter Sandoe,Stine B. Christiansen
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/04/2008
- GenreVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Note30 illustrations
- Weight328 g
- Width169 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.37Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.34
- £9.81Trending at £12.44
- £6.88Trending at £7.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.