All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/06/1993
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1993
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight320 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byWolfgang Binder
- Table Of ContentsContents: A. Hornung: The Making of (Jewish) Americans - H. Christol, The Ethnic Factor in the Sacco-Vanzetti Case - M. Fabre: John F. Matheus and the Black Ethnic Revival - W. Binder: The Brown Veil: Constructions of Otherness - T.S. Stribling and Jessie Redmon Fauset.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Wolfgang Binder, born in 1941, is a tenured member at the Chair of American Studies at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. After completion of his doctoral thesis, 1974, his scholarly interests focused on the ethic literatures of the U.S. particularly on African-Americans and Hispanics, and the Caribbean literatures. In addition to numerous articles, he has edited Entwicklungen im karibischen raum 1960-1985 (1985), Contemporary Chicano Poetry (1986), Westward Expansion in America (1803-1860) (1987), Slavery in the Americas (1993). He has also translated several books from Jamaican and Puerto Rican literature.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.46
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £26.45Trending at £27.74
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £21.79Trending at £22.07
- £28.00Trending at £30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.