All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on the urgent necessity of promoting a peaceful co-existence among diverse ethnic groups by exploring their various tribal theologies and cultural standpoints, and in finding a common base. It does this by looking at the Church and wider society in Northeast India, and various inter-ethnic conflicts since the 1980s.
- Author BiographySongram Basumatary is a native of Bodoland (Assam), India. He was born and brought up in a Christian family and completed both secular and theological studies amidst considerable ethnic turmoil. He earned his Bachelor of Divinity degree from Union Biblical Seminary, Pune, India (1998); Master of Theology from Gurukul Lutheran Theological College and Research Institute, Chennai, India (2002); and Doctor of Theology from United Theological College, Bangalore, India (2010). He has been teaching at Gurukul Lutheran Theological College and Research Institute since 2010 and presently serves as Dean of Post Graduate Studies. He has published widely on the topic of ethnicity and tribal theology.
- Author(s)Songram Basumatary
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- GenreChristian Theology
- Series TitleStudies in the History of Religious and Political Pluralism
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note1, Maps
- Weight570 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £5.90Trending at £7.86
- £7.68Trending at £9.95
- £6.65Trending at £8.70
- £7.50Trending at £11.83
- £5.00Trending at £5.58
- £4.97Trending at £6.99
- £11.33Trending at £15.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.