Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.84
- £5.42Trending at £5.51
- £14.91Trending at £16.98
- £9.18Trending at £9.52
- £18.40Trending at £19.00
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £7.69Trending at £7.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of this highly successful book has been fully revised and updated to reflect the ongoing developments in the field of health promotion, to help those in health promotion choose and implement accurate, reliable, and evidence-based evaluation methods.
- Author BiographyMargaret Thorogood was appointed Professor of Epidemiology at the University of Warwick in 2003 and in 2007 she was appointed as an Honorary Professor at the University of the Witwatersrand. Following her PhD on the safety of oral contraceptives she was involved in a series of further studies of hormonal contraceptive safety. At the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine she headed the Health Gain Project which aimed to bridge the gap between policy makers and academics by providing policy relevant research findings in the area of cardiovascular disease, and was also head of the Health Promotion Sciences Unit. More recently she has headed the Southern Africa Stroke Prevention Initiative which aimed to address the emerging burden of stroke and other cardiovascular disease in rural sub-Saharan Africa. At Warwick University she has helped to set up Masters courses in Public Health and in Research Methods for the Health Sciences. Following her PhD on the 'Geography of Public Health' whilst based at the Department of Public Health in Tower Hamlets Health Authority, Yolande Coombes moved to the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in 1991 where she was course organiser for the Masters in Health Promotion Sciences as well as carrying out research on behaviour change, aging and evaluation. In 1998 she moved to Malawi as a consultant in behaviour change and communications. She joined the Medical College in Malawi as a Senior Lecturer and helped to set up and was Course Organiser for the MPH. In 2004 she moved to Kenya where she continued consulting for the World Health Organization, and Population Services International as a regional researcher for social marketing for East and Southern Africa. In 2007 she became a specialist consultant in sanitation marketing and hygiene with the Water and Sanitation Program of the World Bank and continues to work across East Africa.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication13/05/2010
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note10 black and white line drawings
- Weight298 g
- Width143 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byMargaret Thorogood,Yolande Coombes
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.