CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/05/2012
- Series TitleNATO Conference Series / II Systems Science
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1352 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byDavid W. Conrath,Martin C. J Elton,William A. Lucas
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1978
- Table Of ContentsSection 1 Overview of Research Issues.- User Research and Demand Research: What's the Use?.- Technology and Structures - Man and Machine.- The Role of Telecommunications Policy Analysis in Service Planning.- Communications Policy - The Need for Research.- Discussion.- Section 2 Public Services: The Delivery of Health Care.- The Patient Trajectory : A Modeling Tool for Planning and Evaluating Rural Telemedicine Systems.- Telehealth Care in Canada.- A Methodology for Design of Advanced Technology-based Health Care Systems in Developing Countries.- Discussion.- Section 3 Public Services: Education and Community.- Educational Experiments with the Communications Technology Satellite: A Memo from Evaluators to Planners.- Evaluations of Interactive Tele-education in the Public Service Commission.- Open Choice - New Communication Systems and Applications at the British Open University.- Serial Experimentation for the Management and Evaluation of Communications Systems.- The Development of Two-way Cable Television: Applications for the Community.- Beyond Statistics.- Discussion.- Section 4 Information Services.- The Impact of Telecommunications Technologies on Informal Communication in Science and Engineering - Research Needs and Opportunities.- Scientific Communication and Knowledge Representation.- Communications Aspects of Euronet.- Problems in Forecasting the Price and Demand for On-Line Information Services.- The Economics and Cost Benefit of Analysis Services - The Case of Information Analysis Centers.- Technology Assessment and Idealized Design.- Discussion.- Section 5 Teleconferencing and Computer Conferencing.- Use and Traffic Characteristics of Teleconferencing for Business.- Evaluation of the Potential Market for Various Future Communication Modes via an Analysis of Communication Flow Characteristics.- Learning the Limits of Teleconferencing: Design of a Teleconference Tutorial.- Interpersonal Teleconferencing in an Organizational Context.- Organizational Communication Behavior: Description and Prediction.- Measuring the Dimensions of Interpersonal Communication.- Computer Assisted Communication in a Directorate of the Canadian Federal Government - A Pilot Study.- Exploiting the Tele- in Teleconferencing.- Discussion.- Section 6 New Services.- Bell System Visual Communications Systems.- The Swedish Market for a Public Switched Multi-Purpose Broadband Network.- A Possible European System for Teleconferencing via Satellite.- Viewdata Networks.- Computerized Conferencing: A Review and Statement of Issues.- Discussion.- Section 7 The Information Society.- Information Technology and Society.- Information and Communication: Is There A System?.- Information, Energy and Labour Force.- Electronic Funds Transfer in Perspective.- Section 8 Design and Planning.- The Design of the Designing Community.- The Utility of Social Experimentation in Policy Research.- New Telecommunications Services and Regional Development: Approaches to Experimentation and Planning.- Planning Exploratory Trials of New Interpersonal Telecommunications.- Discussion.- Concluding Discussion.- Policy.- Methodology.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.