All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £64.15Trending at £78.70
- £25.00Trending at £38.28
- £68.08Trending at £68.81
- £14.52Trending at £18.55
- £17.90Trending at £19.89
- £28.56Trending at £32.24
- £29.31Trending at £31.40
About this product
- DescriptionIn Ever Seen a Fat Fox?: Human Obesity Explored Professor Mike Gibney traces the evolution of our modern diet and looks to science to offer solutions to the phenomenon of human obesity. He calls on governments to cease the single-issue ad-hoc approach and demands a massive governmental long-term investment in weight management.
- Author BiographyProfessor Mike Gibney has worked as a teaching fellow at the University of Sydney where he took his PhD and has lectured at University of Southampton, Trinity College Dublin and University College Dublin. He is a former President of the Nutrition Society and a fellow of the International Union of Nutritional Sciences. He has served on many high-level international advisory committees both in the EU, the FAO and WHO. His research area is in public health and personalised nutrition, and he has published over 300 peer-reviewed papers in the area. He has been Principal Investigator on several very large EU funded projects, most recently in the area of personalised nutrition (www.food4me.org). Previous publications include Nutrition, Diet and Health (Cambridge University Press, 1986) and Something to Chew On: Challenging Controversies in Food and Health (UCD Press, 2012). He writes a blog at 'Gibneyonfood'.
- Author(s)Mike Gibney
- PublisherUniversity College Dublin Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2016
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintUniversity College Dublin Press
- Weight363 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.