Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.91Trending at £24.50
- £26.30Trending at £26.87
- £38.57Trending at £43.98
- £27.28Trending at £29.99
- £12.69Trending at £13.18
- £20.30Trending at £26.99
- £24.08Trending at £34.99
About this product
- Author(s)Victoria Louise Newton
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/06/2016
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight432 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
- Table Of ContentsForeword; Richard Jenkins.- Chapter 1. The 'Folklore of Menstruation': Researching Vernacular Knowledge and Everyday Experience.- Chapter 2. Periods: Historical and Cultural Interpretations of Menstruation.- Chapter 3. Positioning Periods in Context: Contemporary Discourses and Dilemmas.- Chapter 4. On the Blob: Young Adulthood and Menstrual Lore.- Chapter 5. Managing Menstruation: The Menarche and Status Passage.- Chapter 6. Talking about My Menstruation: A Generational Comparison.- Chapter 7. The Curse: Popular Histories and Cultural Knowledge.- Chapter 8. 'Auntie's Come to Tea': Menstrual Euphemism.- Chapter 9. Mentioning the Unmentionable: 'Only Joking...'.- Chapter 10. Closed for Maintenance: Backstage spaces, and Selling Shame.- Chapter 11. Conclusions: Keep Bleeding.
- Author BiographyVictoria Newton is a Research Associate in the Faculty of Health and Social Care at The Open University, UK. She is an interdisciplinary researcher with interests in sexual and reproductive health, the articulation of sensitive subjects in the everyday, and informal knowledge and belief concerning the body.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.