All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £12.06Trending at £15.18
- £10.75Trending at £13.73
- £3.99Trending at £6.97
- £11.33Trending at £14.47
- £9.97Trending at £10.99
- £4.63Trending at £5.96
- £11.51Trending at £14.43
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for readers who believe that good government should be based on hard evidence, and that research and policy ought to go hand-in-hand. This book provides an insiders' view of how the policy process really works. It is of interest to researchers who want to bring their ideas into policy debate.
- Author BiographyDr. Karen Bogenschneider is a Rothermel Bascom Professor of Human Ecology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a Family Policy Specialist at the University of Wisconsin-Extension. Since its inception in 1993, Professor Bogenschneider has served as director of the Wisconsin Family Impact Seminars--a series of presentations, briefing reports, and discussion sessions for state policymakers. Since 1999, she has directed the Policy Institute for Family Impact Seminars, which is currently providing technical assistance to 28 sites across the country conducting or planning to conduct Family Impact Seminars in their state capitals. Dr. Bogenschneider's book, Family Policy Matters: How Policymaking Affects Families and What Professionals Can Do, is in its second edition. She was invited to write the family policy decade review for the Journal of Marriage and Family in 2000 and 2010 (along with Tom Corbett). Dr. Bogenschneider is a fellow of the National Council on Family Relations and has received numerous awards for her scholarship and outreach programs. Dr. Thomas J. Corbett served as Associate Director of the Institute for Research on Poverty for several years until his retirement and remains an active affiliate. He has long studied social assistance systems that affect the well-being of disadvantaged families and has explored methods for assessing program effectiveness including service on a National Academy of Sciences expert panel examining methods for evaluating contemporary welfare reform. He co-edited a book with Mary Clare Lennon titled Policy Into Action and has worked on poverty-related policy issues at all levels of government, including a year as Senior Policy Advisor at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services where he worked on national welfare reform.
- Author(s)Karen Bogenschneider,Thomas J. Corbett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2010
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Academic
- Content Note14 black & white tables
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.