All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £24.97Trending at £27.59
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £12.13
- £9.09Trending at £9.24
- £5.94Trending at £6.68
About this product
- DescriptionProvides an introduction to evidence-based prevention in psychology. This book addresses the types of questions that may be most pertinent to counselors, psychologists, and other mental health workers who are engaged in prevention and interested in understanding evidence-based programs.
- Author BiographyJonathan P. Schwartz is associate dean of graduate studies at the College of Education at the University of Houston. He was previously associate dean of research and head of the Counseling and Educational Psychology Department at New Mexico State University. He is the past president of Division 51, Psychology of Men and Masculinity, of the American Psychological Association (APA); the past chair of the Division 17 Prevention Section; and an executive board member of the Council of Counseling Psychology Training Programs (CCPTP). Schwartz has published in the areas of men and masculinity, prevention, and intimate violence. He was named in 2010 the fourth most productive scholar in the Psychology of Men and Masculinity and has had grants supporting his work. Schwartz was awarded the 2008 Researcher of the Year Award from Division 51 (Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity) of the APA and received the 2011 Fritz and Linn Kuder Early Career Scientist/Practitioner Award from the APA Division of Counseling Psychology. Schwartz was recently named a fellow of Division 17, Society of Counseling Psychology, of the APA. Arthur M. Horne is currently Dean of the College of Education and Distinguished Research Professor at the University of Georgia, Athens. He obtained his PhD in counseling and Educational Psychology from Southern Illinois university, and his masters and bachelor's from the University of Florida, Gainesville. He is widely known in the area of bullying, working with youth, boys, and prevention.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication11/02/2013
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitlePrevention Practice Kit
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight181 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byArthur M. Horne,Jonathan P. Schwartz,Katherine A. Raczynski,Michael M. Waldo,Robert K. Conyne
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.