All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese essays examine the dynamic interplay between evolution and Victorian culture, mapping new relationships between the arts and sciences.
- Author BiographyBernard V. Lightman is Professor of Humanities at York University, Toronto, where he is Director of the Institute for Science and Technology Studies. He is also the Editor of the History of Science Society's flagship journal, Isis. His latest publications include Evolutionary Naturalism in Victorian Britain (2009), Victorian Popularizers of Science (2007) and Science in the Marketplace (2007, co-edited with Aileen Fyfe). Bennett Zon is Professor of Music at Durham University, where he is also Director of the Centre for Nineteenth-Century Music. He has published articles, dictionary and encyclopaedia entries, reviews and edited volumes, as well as monographs including Representing Non-Western Music in Nineteenth-Century Britain (2007), Music and Metaphor in Nineteenth-Century British Musicology (2000) and The English Plainchant Revival (1999).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- GenreLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature & Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number92
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note35 b/w illus.
- Weight700 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byProf. Bernard V. Lightman,Professor Bennett Zon
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.96Trending at £18.30
- £21.69Trending at £24.93
- £4.34Trending at £4.46
- £23.93Trending at £24.43
- £8.01Trending at £12.04
- £8.99Trending at £9.30
- £5.52Trending at £6.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.