All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.97
- £9.41Trending at £16.98
- £9.53Trending at £14.98
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £18.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.65Trending at £9.61
About this product
- DescriptionRomantic rock-perched sea-girt Tintagel is a magical place that resonates with Arthurian associations - and the archaeological reality is no less intriguing than the legend.
- Author BiographyRachel Barrowman has worked as a field archaeologist and research assistant since graduating in Medieval Archaeology from University College London in 1990. She has worked with colleagues on several field projects for the Viking and Early Settlement Archaeological Research Project (VESARP) based at Glasgow University, and has recently completed the publication of her own renewed excavation and research into the chapel and burial ground at St Ninian's Isle, Shetland, to be published as a Society of Medieval Archaeology Monograph. She is the director of the Dun +istean Archaeology Project (DEAP) excavations, and of an archaeological project to record and research the chapel-sites of Lewis. Colleen E Batey has excavated extensively on Viking and late Norse sites in northern Scotland, Orkney and Shetland and more recently in Iceland. Since 2002 she has been lecturer in archaeology at the University of Glasgow and Finds Research Manager for the Archaeological Institute of Iceland in Reykjavik. She co-authored the volume The Vikings in Scotland: the archaeological evidence, with James Graham-Campbell, and has written over fifty scholarly articles. Christopher D Morris was professor of archaeology at the University of Glasgow from 1990 to 2006, following posts in Hertfordshire and Durham University. He has published extensively on early medieval archaeology with many journal articles and book chapters, together with three monographs on excavation and survey projects in Orkney and Caithness and two edited volumes on the Norse in the North Atlantic region. He is currently Vice-Chairman of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland.
- Author(s)Christopher D. Morris,Colleen E. Batey,Rachel C. Barrowman
- PublisherSociety of Antiquaries of London
- Date of Publication20/09/2007
- Series TitleReports of the Research Committee of the Society of Antiquaries of London
- Series Part/Volume Number74
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSociety of Antiquaries of London
- Width200 mm
- Height260 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.