Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.67
- £19.99Trending at £22.65
- £9.24Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £28.07
- £30.79Trending at £34.35
- £16.99Trending at £18.63
- £15.72Trending at £22.83
About this product
- DescriptionAn up-to-date account of the microscopic theory of the dynamics of superfluid 4He.
- Author BiographyAllan Griffin works in theoretical condensed matter theory and is Professor Emeritus of Physics at the University of Toronto. He received his BSc (1960) and MSc (1961) from the University of British Columbia, and his PhD at Cornell University (1965). Dr Griffin has spent research sabbaticals at the KFA Julich (Germany), the Institut Laue-Langevin in Grenoble (France), Kyoto University (Japan), the University of Trento (Italy) and was a JILA Fellow at the University of Colorado (USA). His research has been on superfluid He4, superconductivity and theory of ultracold atoms. He has been a short-term visiting professor at the ANU in Canberra (Australia), the College de France in Paris, and the University of Otago (New Zealand). Dr Griffin is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada (2003), a Fellow of the American Physical Society (2004), and received the Bronze Medal from the College de France (2001). He is the author of a monograph on Bose liquids (1993) and the editor of a well-known book on Bose-Einstein condensation (1995), both published by Cambridge University Press.
- Author(s)Allan Griffin
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/08/1993
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Low Temperature Physics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 4
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note102 b/w illus.
- Weight650 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Series Edited byA.M. Goldman,P. V. E. McClintock,Michael Springford
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.