All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.20Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £37.82Trending at £49.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for instructors and Student's who are interested in practical laboratory experiences related to the field of exercise physiology, this title can be used as both a standalone lab manual or as a complement to any exercise physiology textbook.
- Author BiographyDr. Beam was born and raised in Orrville, Ohio. While in high school, he competed in football, wrestling and golf and played trumpet in the jazz band that toured the U.S. and Europe. He received his B.S. in biology from the College of Wooster, a small liberal arts college in Ohio. During his undergraduate study, he spent one summer in Vienna, Austria studying art history and German. He completed his graduate work and obtained his Ph.D. in exercise physiology from The Ohio State University. While a graduate assistant at Ohio State, he was responsible for performance testing of all the athletes including football, basketball, baseball, swimming, ice hockey and more. It was a wonderful experience working with so many talented collegiate, Olympic and future professional athletes. Dr. Beam joined the faculty at Cal State Fullerton in 1983 and the following year began directing the Exercise Physiology Lab and the Physical Performance Program. Under Dr. Beam's guidance, over fifty graduate students have completed their master's degrees and most are now active in the community working and teaching within the fitness/wellness profession. He also previously served as President of the Southwest regional chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine (SWACSM), and as the regional chapter representative to the ACSM Regional Chapters Committee. Bill currently lives in Placentia, California with his wife Terri, who teaches Chemistry at Mt. San Antonio College, and their two children Danny and Sara. Bill has commuted primarily by bicycle during his time at CSUF and enjoys cycling, jogging, swimming and playing sports with the family. Dr. Gene Adams is Faculty Emeritus of Kinesiology and Health Science at California State University at Fullerton.
- Author(s)Gene M. Adams,William C. Beam
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleB&B Physical Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Weight673 g
- Width228 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement7th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.