All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/03/2016
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, 40 colour illustrations, 21 black & white tables, 40 colour tables, biography
- Weight891 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAshok Agarwal,Diana M. Vaamonde Martin,Stefan S. Du Plessis
- Table Of ContentsOverview of the male reproductive system.- Overview of the female reproductive system.- Overview of Fertilization, Gestation and Parturition.- Conceptual and terminological foundations for the sciences of physical exercise: new perspectives.- Sports Physiology and Endocrinology (Endurance vs. Resistance Exercise).- General adaptations to exercise. Acute vs. chronic and strength vs. endurance training.- Impact of physical activity and exercise on male reproductive potential. Semen alterations.- Hormonal changes associated with physical activity and exercise training.- Common male reproductive tract pathologies associated with physical activity, exercise and sport.- Consequences of the Use of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids In Male Athletes' Fertility.- Impact of physical activity and exercise on female reproductive potential.- Hormonal and Reproductive Changes Associated with Physical Activity and Exercise.- Risk Biotypes and the Female Athlete Triad.- Consequences Of The Use Of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids On Female Athletes' Fertility.- Impact of intense physical activity on puberty and reproductive potential of young athletes.- Physical activity and pregnancy.- Impact of combined oral contraceptive use on exercise and health in female athletes.- Oxidative Stress and Infertility: a Possible Link to Exer cise.- Nutritional Deficiencies and Impairment of Fertility in Athletes.- Recommendations and therapeutic guidelines for exercise-related reproductive disorders.- Exercise strategies as therapeutic treatment for fertility disorders (obesity, PCOS, etc).
- Author BiographyDiana M. Vaamonde Martin,PhD, Department of Morphological Sciences, University of Cordoba, Reproductive Care Center, Gynemed,Cordoba, Spain Stefan S. du Plessis, MBA, PhD (Stell),Division of Medical Physiology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Stellenbosch University, Tygerberg, Cape Town, South Africa Ashok Agarwal, PhD, HCLD (ABB), ELD (ACE), American Center for Reproductive Medicine and, The Andrology Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.50Trending at £19.96
- £29.14Trending at £34.99
- £10.99Trending at £12.91
- £3.60Trending at £3.64
- £34.79Trending at £39.88
- £33.21Trending at £43.05
- £50.73Trending at £60.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.