All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides the first ever large-scale comparative treatment of there sentences (there copula NP), reporting the results of a survey of over 100 Italo-Romance and Sardinian dialects spoken in Italy. It addresses key issues in linguistic theory and offers an invaluable source of data for research on the Romance languages.
- Author BiographyDelia Bentley holds an MA and PhD in Linguistics from the University of Manchester, where she is currently Professor of Romance Linguistics. Her main research interests are the interfaces between discourse, semantics, and syntax; the history of Italian; and Italian and Romance linguistics and dialectology. From 2010 to 2014 she was Principal Investigator on a major AHRC-funded research project entitled Existential Constructions: An Investigation into the Italo-Romance Dialects, on which this book is based. Her publications include Split Intransitivity in Italian (Mouton de Gruyter, 2006) and, co-edited with J.C. Smith, Historical Linguistics 1995. Volume 1: General Issues and non-Germanic Languages. Selected papers from the 12th International Conference on Historical Linguistics (Benjamins, 2000). Francesco Maria Ciconte is Assistant Professor of Italian Linguistics at the University of Puerto Rico. His PhD, from the University of Manchester in 2010, investigates the existential constructions of the early Italo-Romance varieties; the results presented in his thesis were published in an article that was awarded the 6th Robins Prize of the Philological Society. From 2011 to 2013 he worked as a Research Associate on the AHRC-funded project Existential Constructions: An Investigation into the Italo-Romance Dialects. Silvio Cruschina is Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Romance Studies at the University of Vienna. His PhD (Cambridge, 2009) was on the interaction between syntax and pragmatics, and on the correspondences between word order alternations and interpretive effects in Romance, within a cartographic approach to syntactic structures. From 2011 to 2013 he was a Research Associate on the AHRC-funded project Existential Constructions: An Investigation into the Italo-Romance Dialects. His publications include Discourse-Related Features and Functional Projections (OUP, 2012), and, co-edited with Martin Maiden and J. C. Smith, The Boundaries of Pure Morphology: Diachronic and Synchronic Perspectives (OUP, 2013).
- Author(s)Delia Bentley,Francesco Maria Ciconte,Silvio Cruschina
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight676 g
- Width179 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine26 mm
Save on Language
- £25.94Trending at £32.00
- £10.50Trending at £17.54
- £13.70Trending at £17.04
- £23.27Trending at £28.90
- £29.73Trending at £31.90
- £25.45Trending at £30.12
- £27.81Trending at £29.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.