Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £25.97Trending at £27.56
- £82.97Trending at £89.80
- £24.23Trending at £25.19
- £23.65Trending at £26.30
- £22.21Trending at £24.48
- £14.55Trending at £23.17
- £16.56Trending at £20.36
About this product
- Author(s)Ji-Ping Huang
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication05/08/2014
- Series TitleNew Economic Windows
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note35 Illustrations, color; 40 Illustrations, black and white; XV, 192 p. 75 illus., 35 illus. in color.
- Weight482 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2015 ed.
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction.- Fundamentals.- Stylized facts: Scaling Law and Clustering Behavior.- Fluctuation Phenomena: Leverage Could be Positive and Negative.- Herd Behavior: Beyond the Known Ruinous Role.- Contrarian Behavior: Beyond the Known Helpful Role.- Hedge Behavior: Statistical Equivalence of Different Systems.- Cooperation: Spontaneous Emergence of the Invisible Hand.- Business Cycles: Competition between Suppliers and Consumers.- Partial Information: Equivalent to Complete Information.- Risk Management: Unusual Risk-Return Relationship.- Prediction: Pure Technical Analysis Might not Work Satisfactorily.- Summary and outlook.- Appendix.
- Author BiographyJ. P. Huang received the Ph.D degree in Physics from The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China, in 2003. Since 2005, he has been a Professor in the Department of Physics, Fudan University, Shanghai, China. He was a Research Fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt foundation (Germany) in 2004-2005. His current research interests include econophysics and soft matter physics. His homepage: http://www.physics.fudan.edu.cn/tps/people/jphuang/new/.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.