All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.30
- £10.75Trending at £11.04
- £21.69Trending at £24.93
- £4.34Trending at £4.46
- £23.93Trending at £24.46
- £8.01Trending at £11.27
- £8.99Trending at £9.29
About this product
- DescriptionThis second edition features new and revised experiments, including a new experiment that involves cloning the barracuda LDH gene, and new and expanded problem sets.
- Author BiographyShawn O. Farrell, a native of Northern California, received his B.S. in biochemistry from University of California, Davis, studying carbohydrate metabolism. He completed his Ph.D. in biochemistry at Michigan State University, where he focused on the study of fatty acid metabolism. Dr. Farrell became interested in biochemistry while in college, as it was relevant to his passion for bicycle racing. He raced competitively for 15 years and now officiates bicycle races worldwide. He has taught biochemistry lecture and laboratory courses at Colorado State University for 16 years and now works for USCycling. Professor Farrell has written scientific journal articles about specific research projects and about laboratory teaching, as well as articles for sports publications, such as Salmon, Trout, and Steelheader magazine. He is co-author with Mary Campbell on BIOCHEMISTRY, 7e (Cengage Learning). Lynn Taylor grew up in Minnesota and received her B.A. in Genetics from UC Berkeley. As a research assistant, she studied galactose oxidation in liver at Michigan State University, and cyctochrome c oxidase expression in yeast at the University of Colorado-Boulder. Ms. Taylor's interest in molecular biology led her to Colorado State University, where she obtained her M.S. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. She has spent 15 years investigating the regulation and expression of key regulatory enzymes involved in maintaining acid-base balance in the kidney, and currently holds the position of senior research associate.
- Author(s)Lynn Taylor,Shawn O. Farrell
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication09/03/2005
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight922 g
- Width217 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.